General Tips[edit | edit source]
- Don't expect to be offered great contracts early on - your airport will need to earn some reputation before bigger contracts are made available.
Construction Tips[edit | edit source]
- Plan your Airport thoroughly before starting to construct it.
Roads, Service Roads and Taxiways[edit | edit source]
- Make sure to connect roads with side-walks and cross-walks.
- Try not to make a design which requires crossing taxiways, it causes path-finding problems in some cases.
Security[edit | edit source]
Main article: Security
- The Secure Zone should be connected by proper Security Checkpoints and Exits, else the passengers won't board, staff won't go to work, and basically your airport would be useless/broken.
Stands[edit | edit source]
- Be sure to connect the stands to taxiways.
- The stands that you intend to use for commercial should be built attached to the terminals. Also they should be configured for Commercial use (Click it).
- GA stands can be built anywhere on the map.. just make sure they have a taxiway and service road connection.
- After construction, use the Taxiway Node tool to make a path from Runway(s) to all stands.
Baggage[edit | edit source]
Main article: Baggage
- Baggage system requires a bit of effort to design.
- The area around baggage bays should be zoned as secure in order for ramp agents to find it.
- The more ramp agents you hire (up to a point) the faster your baggage will get processed.
Budget[edit | edit source]
- Contractors are paid for as long as they are in service. Dismissing excess contractors once their work is done will reduce expenses.
- Larger stores will generate more revenue from rent.
- Keeping passengers happy will ensure that they want to spend money in shops.